In the United Kingdom, there are four government-sponsored qualifications regulators:
- Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
- Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)
- Qualifications Wales (QW)
- SQA-Accreditation (SQA)
EduQual is recognised as an awarding body by SQA-Accreditation – you can find us on the SQA-Accreditation list of approved awarding bodies here.
The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) is a partnership whose members include the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, College Development Network, SQA and Universities Scotland. EduQual is an SCQF Partnership Credit-Rating Body (CRB) and as such, many EduQual qualifications are credit-rated for the SCQF and are listed on the SCQF Qualifications Database.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) work across all four nations of the United Kingdom to protect the standards and improve the quality of higher education. The QAA have produced a guide to comparing qualifications across the UK and Europe, including the Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) – see below for an extract…
The European Commission website allows you to compare national qualifications frameworks.
EduQual is a full member of the UK Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) – you can find us listed here.
Holders of EduQual SCQF credit-rated Diplomas can ‘top-up’ to Degrees awarded by many British and international universities, including, but not limited to:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bath Spa University
- Binary University of Business and Entrepreneurship (Malaysia)
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of East London
- Edinburgh Napier University
- London Metropolitan University
- Newman University
- University of Northampton
- University of South Wales
Holders of EduQual qualifications can obtain exemptions from professional membership bodies, including, but not limited to:
- Association of International Accountants (AIA), a UK professional accountancy membership body with members in over 80 countries
- Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA), an Ofqual-recognised awarding organisation, established in 1916
Centres that deliver, and learners who acquire, certain EduQual qualifications are also eligible to join Professional Registers, such as those maintained by the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP), and Hospital credentialing schemes such as Medical Industry Accredited (MIA) service, Reptrax (IntelliCentrics-Secure) and Whoareyou.