Certificate in Medical Gas Pipeline Systems: Authorised Person (SCQF Level 8)
|Qualification Title||Certificate in Medical Gas Pipeline Systems: Authorised Person|
|QCF / RQF / EQF Level *||5|
* Equivalent level. See Qualifications can Cross Boundaries for a comparison of the UK and European Qualifications Frameworks.
The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) is the national qualifications framework for Scotland. This qualification is credit-rated for the SCQF by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). See the SCQF Qualifications Database for the full list of EduQual’s SCQF credit-rated qualifications.
The EduQual Certificate in Medical Gas Pipeline Systems: Authorised Person (SQCF Level 8) is designed to meet the needs of learners seeking to qualify as Authorised Persons for medical gas pipeline systems.
Safe operation of a Medical Gas Pipeline System (MGPS) relies on knowledgeable and skilled staff who understand an MGPS installation and can liaise with management and healthcare staff to ensure continuous patient safety. The role of the Authorised Person (AP) (MGPS) is to provide functional and technical management of medical gas systems where gas are carried and distributed within a pipeline system. The AP therefore needs to be confident and competent in a range of technical, managerial, regulatory and compliance skills.
The programme has been produced to conform to the requirements of the SCQF, the RQF, and the National Occupational Standards for Skills for Health.
This programme will allow learners to:
- Apply theoretical understanding of medical gas pipeline systems to the role of Authorised Person
- Reflect upon own medical gas pipeline systems skills and thereby allow learners to prepare for senior roles within their organisation
- Develop a lifelong learning attitude to education and training
- Gain an insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice within the field of medical gas pipeline systems
- Develop considerable autonomy in their learning and enhance their ability to plan, implement and evaluate the skills, knowledge and understanding of the role of Authorised Person in a group context
- Demonstrate originality and enterprise in approaching issues relating to medical gas pipeline systems
- Demonstrate self-direction, initiative and autonomy in research and scholarship towards solutions to organisational problems in the role of Authorised Person and the field of medical gas pipeline systems
- Evaluate proposed solutions to operational problems.